Station Startup/Shutdown Procedure
From K2CC Wiki
This is the startup and shutdown procedure for the HF station.
- Turn on monitors.
- Plug in Alpha power (yellow cord).
- Wait X minutes for Alpha to warm up (display turns green, then wait a little more). Make sure blower is working
- Turn on Astron 12V power box.
- Turn on Flex radio.
- Plug patch cable into the antenna and radio you want to use.
- Open PowerSDR on computer.
- Click start.
- Choose the band you want.
- Find an open frequency.
- Click Tune.
- Press tune button on Autotuner.
- Turn drive to 0.
- Click tune again to disable tune.
- Turn tune dial on Alpha to match frequency (see chart on computer background).
- Turn load dial on Alpha to match frequency (see chart on computer background).
- Change band dial to the band you are using.
- Press CW button on Alpha. It will turn green and stay depressed.
- Click Tune on PowerSDR.
- Increase drive slider until plate current (on Alpha) is at 0.5A.
- Fiddle with dials to get RF power on Macaw is as high as possible without eceeding 0.6A on the plate current meter on the Alpha.
- Click tune.
- Press SSB button on Alpha. SSB button will turn orange and depress, CW button will undepress and turn black.
- Press peak button on RF power meter.
- Bring drive slider on PowerSDR to below 20.
- Blow into microphone. Make sure plate current meter on Alpha does not exceed 0.6A.
- Slowly increase drive slider on PowerSDR. Periodically blow into microphone and recheck plate current meter on Alpha. Do not allow plate current on Alpha to exceed 0.6A.
- Open N1MM (electronic logging software)
- Click stop in upper left hand corner in Power SDR
- Push bolth the CQ and SSB buttons on the Alpha, the dials should turn green
- Let alpha cool, DO NOT turn off
- Close N1MM
- Close Power SDR
- Turn off Flex Radio
- Turn off power supply, Antenna Tuner and rf power meter should turn off
- Turn off Alpha
- Unplug Alpha
- Unplug antennas from equipment at the patch panel
- Turn off lights and lock the door as you leave